From: allard@isi.edu (Dennis Allard)
Subject: Linux vs. the world
Date: 4 Aug 92 23:33:20 GMT

I have followed the this newsgroup, like the copyleft concept,
and look forward to joining the Linux community.  However, I have
the following questions.

1. Is there any relationship between Linux and the BSD Unix implementation
   which was outlined over the past year or two in Dr. Dobb's journal?

2. What, if any, other shareware Unixes exist and how do they compare
   to Linux.

3. I am eager to help get as many people in the world using a PC platform
   with X window, networking, and SLIP or PPP capabilities.  Is Linux a
   good candidate for such a platform (e.g., as compared to DV/X)?

Dennis Allard
allard@isi.edu