Newsgroups: comp.unix.sysv386,comp.xenix.misc,comp.os.linux
From: lfoard@Turing.ORG (Lawrence C. Foard)
Subject: Xenix (tm) emulation for Linux almost works :-)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1992 05:35:53 GMT

I was recently hired to write a Xenix simulation program that would
run under Linux. The program will be under the GNU license once complete.
I currently have it to the point where it can run sh and SCO pro (spread
sheet) reasonably well.
Fortunitly the 386 allows this program to run as a user process with
only minor changes to the kernel (avoids excesive kernel clutter).
I think this same approach could be used for other compatibility software
which would allow linux to run virtually anything without an insanely
large kernel.

Any one want to write an MS Windows simulator :-)
--
>>Unix/C Contract worker available 5 years C/unix work experience<<  ______
Available for Telecommuting/Travel and contracts on the T Line       \    /
in the Boston MA area. Send me e-mail for a copy of my Resume.        \  /
       -- VWIS 508-793-9568 (2400 baud), Linux support BBS.--          \/