From: zlsiial@uts.mcc.ac.uk (A. V. Le Blanc)
Subject: ftp sites + demise of banjo.concert.net
Date: 7 Aug 92 07:58:30 GMT

Alan Clegg has recently announced that the Linux archive at
banjo.concert.net will be withdrawn on August 14 because of lack
of filestore.  This has been one of the three 'primary' sites
for Linux files, as well as the official site for the releases
of GCC and for the linux-standards list.  It has also served as
a prime location for files from Linus himself, for X11, and for
such packages as the dos file system.

I'm sure we are all very grateful to Alan for providing this service,
and very sorry for its disappearance.

Is it possible for those of us who administer anonymous ftp sites
to discuss what can be done to provide replacements for the
facilities which will be disappearing from banjo?

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk