		   Linux Activists Mailing List Archives

From: knight@hal.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Knight of Tossing and Turning)
Subject: X11 w/ Trident binaries request
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1992 22:16:43 GMT

Okay, after doing a little research into this, it appears that there is
a driver to run X11 with Trident 8900 cards.  I've downloaded this file,
I've looked at this file, and I cannot do anything with it because my
"bare minimum" Linux partition can't support the huge space required for
me to compile all of X11.

I, as well as the hoard of crazed Trident card owners, would be grateful
if someone would upload the binaries someplace where the distribution of
this software can get started.  I'm under the impression that several
people have compiled this package for Trident already, so if they would
take a little time out, it would be greatly appreciated.

                   Thank you,
                   Eric Knight

>Okay, after doing a little research into this, it appears that there is
>a driver to run X11 with Trident 8900 cards.  I've downloaded this file,
>I've looked at this file, and I cannot do anything with it because my
>"bare minimum" Linux partition can't support the huge space required for
>me to compile all of X11.
>
>I, as well as the hoard of crazed Trident card owners, would be grateful
>if someone would upload the binaries someplace where the distribution of
>this software can get started.  I'm under the impression that several
>people have compiled this package for Trident already, so if they would
>take a little time out, it would be greatly appreciated.
>
>                   Thank you,
>                   Eric Knight

Trident support is in the works. Wait for obz to release a new version of X386
any time this century :-)

                        Zeyd

>>Okay, after doing a little research into this, it appears that there is
>>a driver to run X11 with Trident 8900 cards.  I've downloaded this file,
>>I've looked at this file, and I cannot do anything with it because my
>>"bare minimum" Linux partition can't support the huge space required for
>>me to compile all of X11.
>>
>>I, as well as the hoard of crazed Trident card owners, would be grateful
>>if someone would upload the binaries someplace where the distribution of
>>this software can get started.  I'm under the impression that several
>>people have compiled this package for Trident already, so if they would
>>take a little time out, it would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>                   Thank you,
>>                   Eric Knight
>>

>Trident support is in the works. Wait for obz to release a new version of X386
>any time this century :-)
>
>                       Zeyd

i apologive profusely for the delay. apparently the net connection between
our building and our main feed (internet side) blew up many internet sites
along the eastern seaboard and the powers-that-be are working trying to get
the problem resolved. i thought it would be a couple of days, or a week...
like every other time estimate in life, you need to multiply by 3 :-) anyhow,
my main connection is too slow to keep up with the gcc updates (the main
snag was the creation of shared libs), but i have been slowly keeping up
to date the x386 1.2e (compiled 1.0.2 last night). mail has ceased for the
time being since none of us thought this would last this long and the sysop
at the main site doesn't want to switch our route to uucp... please hold...

zorst
(btw, i would hope to get things going sometime this century, or is it before
 i retire... hmmm... :-)
--
zorst (orest zborowski)
[obz@raster.Kodak.COM]