From: call...@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (James P. Callison)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
Subject: Linux Logo
Date: 12 Aug 92 01:12:36 GMT
Sender: use...@constellation.ecn.uoknor.edu (Nets)

Well, someone axed why we don't gots one, so done drawed one.
It's not a really catchy logo; it's rather simple, in fact, but then, linux
is actually like that. It doesn't hit you between the eyes with bells and
whistles: it just sort of sneaks up on you, and stuns you with its..its..
come on, guys, what's the word I'm looking for here?
Anyhow, it's a fairly large PostScript file (200+KB tarred and compressed)
so I imagine it would be a bad idea to post it. ;-)
Basically, it's an equilateral triangle (pointing downward) with a gradient
fill (linear fill; from blue at the bottom to white at the top). About halfway
down the  triangle is a 10pt. red line, with LINUX written above it in
Oblique Times font. The L is 72-point; the INUX is 48-point, and sits back
inside the L (well, the I and half of the N do). The L is a drop-cap, with
the base of the L below the line (the INUX is, as mentioned before, above
the line), and, even with the base of the L is RELEASE 0.97 (also in
Oblique Times, but all in 18 point pitch). Obviously, the 0.97 changes
with the release...
My description doesn't explain it very well; you really need to see it to
understand what I'm talking about. So I'll put it on tsx-11 (if Ted'll let
me...) ASAP (probably tomorrow (Wednesday)).
Comments are welcome; criticism...well, be nice... :-)

				James

James P. Callison       Microcomputer Coordinator        OU Law Library
Call...@aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu   /\        Callison@uokmax.ecn.uoknor
	constellation!biglaw!call...@mailhost.ecn.uoknor.edu
DISCLAIMER: I'm not an engineer, but I play one at work...
	Here's to all the soldiers who have ever died in vain,
	The insane locked up in themselves, the homeless down on Main
	To those who stand on empty shores, and spit against the wind
	And those who wait forever for ships that don't come in
		--Joe Diffee, "Ships That Don't Come In"

Well, it's not _quite_ Wednesday here, but I managed to get the thing
uploaded to tsx-11. Download it, print it out, tell me what you think.
BTW- The logo is in PostScript format, and is in the file linlogPS.tar.Z
but I don't know for certain where it will wind up on tsx-11.