From: dhirvela@icaen.uiowa.edu (Dave Hirvela)
Subject: How to change default graphics mode
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1992 03:06:37 GMT

Another question...

How do you go about eliminating the "press return or any key"
startup message when booting linux so that it will always default
to a 43 or 50 line vga display ?

My system is has an ati ultra so I think I can do better than
80x25.... :)

Dave

--
Any opinions expressed are obviously wrong.  * dhirvela@icaen.iowa.edu
Save Ferris !  Use only optical media !      * dhirvela@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu

>How do you go about eliminating the "press return or any key"
>startup message when booting linux so that it will always default
>to a 43 or 50 line vga display ?

You recompile the kernel.

--
Lars.Wirzenius@helsinki.fi  (finger wirzeniu@klaava.helsinki.fi)