From: ktompkin@pilot.njin.net (Ken Tompkins)
Subject: X11 Won't Return to Text Mode
Date: 4 Nov 92 12:12:16 GMT

Just to add my name to the list....I recently got
X11 working -- an Icelandic Saga in length -- and
when I exit from it the screen turns black and I
have to reboot.

Briefly my setup is:

386DX 40MhZ clone
75meg partition with 2m swap
Trident 8900c vga chipset
Most recent version of linux SLS (98.pl1)
(98.pl1)

It would be helpful if someone could solve this.

ken tompkins
stockton state college

|> Just to add my name to the list....I recently got
|> X11 working -- an Icelandic Saga in length -- and
|> when I exit from it the screen turns black and I
|> have to reboot.
|>
|> Briefly my setup is:
|>
|> 386DX 40MhZ clone
|> 75meg partition with 2m swap
|> Trident 8900c vga chipset
|> Most recent version of linux SLS (98.pl1)
|> (98.pl1)
|>
|> It would be helpful if someone could solve this.
|>
|> ken tompkins
|> stockton state college

Same problem - similar setup.  Trident 8900c seems to be the problem.
Any solutions, anyone?

/*
     Dan Doner
     Graduate Student
     Mechanical Engineering
     Colorado State University
     dd435157@LANCE.ColoState.Edu
*/

          "So much information, so few neurons..."