From: torva...@klaava.Helsinki.FI (Linus Torvalds)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
Subject: Thanks...
Date: 5 Nov 92 09:47:30 GMT

Just a quick note to say "THANKS" to everybody - today I was able to
finally pay off my computer using money collected by hpa (Peter Anvin)
from various people. The collection brought in USD $750, and together
with some other donations (including a fim 1000 EuroCheque) I was able
to pay the final rate today. I'd also like to thank everybody else who
has sent me either money or any other encouragement (ranging from
postacards and T-shirts (!) to beer-money and actual beer).

I'm not making a "hall of fame" of people who have paid me money: I
might forget somebody (who'd hate me for the rest of his life), and
anyway, contributions in the form of patches/bug-reports etc have been
at least as valuable (and I haven't kept track of those either. Shame
on me). You know who you are,

thanks,
Linus