From: j...@jho.com (John Ho)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.hongkong,soc.culture.china
Subject: UNIX in China
Date: 24 Nov 92 05:24:01 GMT

This news is about 2 weeks old but many of you might not know.
UNIX has been chosen as the official "Open System" for China.  All govt
agencies, manufacturing plants, lab, offices, etc., etc., will be
using UNIX!!!!!   A special version of UNIX will be developed
by the USL people to adopt to the China market.  7 millions
copies is expected to be sold by mid 1990s.  Great opportunities
for all our UNIX experts.

Wait till we get all these UNIX boxes everywhere in China and
we will turn on the UUCP and USENET. ;) ;)  China, are you
ready for alt.sex and soc.culture.china.democracy? ;) ;)
--
John Ho from Dallas, Texas USA. (j...@jho.com)

:   UNIX has been chosen as the official "Open System" for China.  All govt
:   agencies, manufacturing plants, lab, offices, etc., etc., will be
:   using UNIX!!!!!

	Dunno if there are any other open systems ....

:   A special version of UNIX will be developed
:   by the USL people to adopt to the China market.  7 millions
:   copies is expected to be sold by mid 1990s.  Great opportunities
:   for all our UNIX experts.

	I hope someone is making a chinese Linux version.
	Linux is FREE un*x and running on 386/486 based computers.
	More information in comp.os.linux or FTP tsx-11.mit.edu:/pub/linux.

:   Wait till we get all these UNIX boxes everywhere in China and
:   we will turn on the UUCP and USENET. ;) ;)  China, are you
:   ready for alt.sex and soc.culture.china.democracy? ;) ;)

	I think not ;-) nut Linux has uucp, so one does need to
	buy only 386 based computer to run it. And if you
	like to pay for it send checks to Linus Torvalds ;-)

:   John Ho from Dallas, Texas USA. (j...@jho.com)

	arl			// wo3 xue2 xi2 han4 yu3
				// hope to be in China 5/93 .. dunno yet