From: Alan Cox <iiitac%pyr.swan.ac.uk@FINHUTC.hut.fi>
Subject: <none>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1993 14:04:38 +0200

System: SLS 0.98.5 with Linux 0.99 kernel (no patches).

Hardware: 386DX40 4Mb RAM, multi I/O controller (LPT2, COM1, COM2, GamePort)
WD ethernet card (8 bit), 130Mb IDE drive.

Problem:

Installation went fine, tcp/ip works in loopback except for telnetd.
Replacing telnetd with an old tinytelnetd I wrote for a sys5.2 machine
fixed that problem.

Ethernet card is not recognized. The kernel parameters seem to match
my setting (0xD0000 Int 2 IO 0x240), and nothing seems to clash.
Booting a floppy which configures the card and then runs ka9q under DOS
works fine. Under linux 0.98.5 simply failed to do anything with the card
0.99 denies it exists.

HELP!!!!

Alan