Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
From: tfo...@camaro.uucp (Tim Foley)
Subject: SysV Init Work with 0.99?
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1993 17:28:57 GMT

Does anyone have Miquels SYS V Init working with 0.99p1?  I just got it
and it looks great, I've been looking for a real INIT for a while now.

Also, Peter, What version of Init does SLS use?  Poegl?  And any idea whats
the difference (Besides the Run Levels).

>Does anyone have Miquels SYS V Init working with 0.99p1?  I just got it
>and it looks great, I've been looking for a real INIT for a while now.
>
>Also, Peter, What version of Init does SLS use?  Poegl?  And any idea whats
>the difference (Besides the Run Levels).
>
>--

I have been running the sysvinit since the day he released it. It works great
with 0.99.2 and before. It sets up rather easily and works fine otherwise.

James

>Does anyone have Miquels SYS V Init working with 0.99p1?  I just got it
>and it looks great, I've been looking for a real INIT for a while now.
>
>Also, Peter, What version of Init does SLS use?  Poegl?  And any idea whats
>the difference (Besides the Run Levels).

Peter told me the SLS release is going to use the SysV init.
I am testing a new version right now (only minor diffs, a few bugfixes)
due to be out next week or so. That will be version 2.1.

>--

I tried to mail you directly but the mail bounced : camaro is not
in the uucp maps. At least, it isn't on 'sun4nl', the dutch gateway
to the world. Would tfoley%camaro.u...@uunet.uu.net work?

Mike.
--
%     Miquel van Smoorenburg, Baljuwstraat 20, 2461SL Langeraar, Holland.     %
%   miqu...@htsa.aha.nl (school)       miqu...@drinkel.nl.mugnet.org (home)   %

TF> Does anyone have Miquels SYS V Init working with 0.99p1?  I
TF> just got it
TF> and it looks great, I've been looking for a real INIT for a
TF> while now.

If you want a real SYSV init you want more than just an init :-). Take a
look at bootsys3.taz...

                                Mike