Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
From: klaus@saifr00.cfsat.honeywell.com (Todd Klaus)
Subject: Linux gets Major Press!
Sender: news@tc.cornell.edu
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1993 18:48:19 GMT

ANNOUNCE:  Linux hits the pages of UNIXWorld!

The March 1993 issue of UNIXWorld contains a six page article on Linux,
covering (briefly) whats available, how it came to be, and how to get and
install it.  I actually covered more than is actually there, but the editors
had to have their hack at it.  I was most dismayed to see the detailed history
of Linux (as told by Linus in various posts) reduced significantly.  Nonetheless,
this is the most significant press coverage that Linux has gotten that I know of
(is UNIXWorld available in Europe/Finlan

FEATURES:

o Available software for Linux (abbrev list)
o Features of the kernel
o The Linux 'spirit' and philosophy
o How to get Linux
o How to install the SLS version ( I tried to emphasize this because I
  felt that actually using Linux is the best advertisement, and the easier
  that is, the better the chance more people will use it)
o Pointers to the news group, mailing lists, etc.

I got copies directly from UNIXWorld yesterday, but it should be hitting the shelves
in a matter of days.  Spread copies to all your friends!

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@tc.cornell.edu