From: STMQ%MAR...@VM.MARIST.EDU (Michael Quigley)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
Subject: BBS Project -- Linux?
Date: 13 Mar 1993 14:02:59 -0600
Sender: dae...@cs.utexas.edu

Dear Linuxers,

I have been receiving a lot of nasty mail from people complaining about
my BBS software being released commercially. The development group and I
are now having reservations about releasing it for Linux. While I have
been getting a lot of positive feedback, the good and bad feedback are
not in a ratio that I would like to see.

I like Linux very much. When the software is done, I am going to run it
under Linux on MY box. But if the Linux community is not ready to accept
commercial software written for Linux, I am afraid I am going to have to
port it to some dog like SCO to sell it. I don't want to have to do this,
but this is a large project being worked on by several people, and I am
afraid that I have sunk too much money into it to release it for nothing.

- Mike -

:                    Michael Francis Quigley II                      :
:              s...@vm.marist.edu / m...@world.std.com                :
:                     "peace through music.."                        :