Newsgroups: comp.os.linux,comp.os.386bsd.questions
From: wgste...@mobius08.math.uwaterloo.ca (Warren Stevens)
Subject: 386bsd, linux: which runs more out of the box?
Sender: n...@undergrad.math.waterloo.edu
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1993 03:41:08 GMT

Well, here's a twist on the old "which one's better" question:

I'm thinking of installing Linux and/or 386bsd, and i have some pretty
bizzare tastes in software i will want to run -- definately not your
run-of-the-mill type stuff. Which system will give me the least
hassle when i try and compile the source code? Which one will i spend
the least amount of time porting software?

Most of the software is developed for Suns, usually. Things that are
readily ftp'able from public sites, just stuff that you might not see
every day.

Can anyone give me a hand?

Thanks, Warren
--
"An anthropologist at Tulane has just come back from a field trip to New
Guinea with reports of a tribe so primitive that they have Tide but not new