From: sgb...@charon.bloomington.in.us (Stefan G. Berg)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
Subject: linux a real unix?
Date: 24 Apr 93 22:41:10 EST

Don't take the subject line too seriously... :-)

I was just wondering how linux compares to the commercial Unix systems
you find in Sun's, HP's, etc... Reading all these postings about "ported
blabla to linux", it seems that linux does not yet do too good in terms
of compatibility. And how about in terms of efficiency? Seems that linux
runs in very little memory, so it does seem to be more memory efficient
than those commercial unix's, but how about speed?

I would just like to hear a few comparing notes between these two rather
different implementations (one costing thousands of $'s and the other
one being free).

Stefan

--
|Usenet   sgb...@charon.bloomington.in.us Stefan G. Berg|