		   Linux Activists Mailing List Archives

From: cmlee@netcom.com (Chen-Ming Lee)
Subject: mmap() error:  "Out of memory"
Date: Wed, 5 May 1993 09:04:40 GMT

Hi all!

I am trying to use mmap() to emulate share memory.  However, it's
always giving me "Out of memory" error no matter how I set it up.
Has any one tried to use it with success?

Here's a sample code:

main()
{
   int  fd;
   char *mptr;

   fd=open("foo", O_RDONLY);
   mptr=mmap(0, sizeof(int),PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED, fd, 0);
   /*
   ** At this point mptr gets the return value of -1 no matter how
   ** I vary the parameters to mmap().
   */
}

Thanks for the help!