From: panis...@McRCIM.McGill.EDU (Jean-Francois Panisset)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
Subject: Where is libipc.a?
Date: 19 Jun 1993 14:01:17 -0400

I was trying to compile GNU Emacs-19.14 on my machine when I ran across
an annoying problem: the stuff in lib-src wants access to the IPC stuff
(it didn't do that in 19.12: I guess this must be new). In anycase, now
that I'm running 0.99.10, the IPC support is built into the kernel,
but what about /usr/include/sys/{ipc,msg,sem,shm}.h and /usr/lib/libipc.a
which you need to build programs? I couldn't find them with the kernel
source (makes sense), or with libc 4.4. I tried using the stuff from
ipcdelta.tar.z, but that seems to date back to March and the corresponding
include files in /usr/include/linux don't match with the ones which are
supposed to go into /usr/include/sys or the source to libipc.a.

So can anyone tell me how to get a working set of /usr/include/sys include
files and a libipc.a?

Thanks in advance,

--
Jean-Francois Panisset