From: bf703@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Patrick J. Volkerding)
Subject: Want an SLS like .99pl11A system?
Date: 11 Jul 1993 17:53:15 GMT

Well, that's good, because I put one together. It does not yet have
XFree-86 1.3, but give me about 2 days and it will. This is not like
the MCC release, rather, it is a big system, even more bloated than
SLS :^)

Currently it has all of the same features as SLS 1.02, with these
additions:

1. The newest FAQ
2. Simplified installation procedure.
3. Kernel level .99 pl 11 Alpha.
4. libs and includes at 4.4.1, (without the limits.h problem)
5. GCC at 2.4.3 (may be 2.4.5 soon)
6. Net-2 TCP/IP preconfigured for loopback.
7. Public domain ksh and tcsh 6.04.
8. command line JPEG utilities.

On the X side, XV 3.00 has been added.

Now here's the deal: there are 13 disks in the 'A' series (same as SLS
A, B, and C) and 10 in the X series. I don't have any way to offer this
system publicly. If I tried to put it up on our 3b2 it would kill it.

This system has been used among my associates here since we put the
first one together back at pl8. Our original goal was just to debug the
SLS releases, but those have been slowing down and we happened to get a
jump on things.

I'd like to hear from you if this package sounds appealing. If demand is
not too strong, I may test releasing it on the 3b2 here.

If you have an archive site for it, LET ME KNOW! I'll set you up with a
copy of it to put up for FTP.

Take care,

--
Patrick Volkerding