Newsgroups: comp.os.coherent
From: ch...@hip-hop.suvl.ca.us (Chris Mason)
Subject: Linux reads coherent?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1993 04:50:03 GMT

Does Anyone know how I can get Linux to read Coherent
File systems?  I remember seeing someone was looking for volunteers
to try a patch to the linux kernel to do this.  Where is the patch
and how to I apply it?  Please speak slowly and verbosely.

Thanks.
ch...@hip-hop.suvl.ca.us

>Does Anyone know how I can get Linux to read Coherent
>File systems?  I remember seeing someone was looking for volunteers
>to try a patch to the linux kernel to do this.  Where is the patch
>and how to I apply it?  Please speak slowly and verbosely.

There are patches on ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de by Bruno Haible
that should make you able to read/write coherent filesystems under linux
(along with some other sysv formats).  Check the directory
/pub/linux/sysvfs, and in case of problems, mail me or Bruno
(hai...@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de).

		Linus