From: h...@uw70.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de (Doerrsam)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.admin
Subject: [Q] shared memory and message-queues
Date: 1 Oct 1993 08:57:29 GMT
Sender: Volker Doerrsam

Hello

I'm still a little bit confused where I should locate this query.
I hope this newsgroup fits.

The problem I run into is that we program some interprocess SW which
passes messages in between some processes and the processes use a
shared memory too. Since Linux hasn't a tool like 'ipcs' or 'iprm'
the only way to get rid of unusable queues and shared memory
is a reboot! :-\

Does anybody know how I can handle this problem in a more accurate way?
Or is there somewhere a free bundle of 'ipc' tools?

Volker

                  E-mail: h...@uw70.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de