Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.development
From: d...@cs.cmu.edu (Doug DeJulio)
Subject: Linux v1.0: what's in it?
Sender: n...@cs.cmu.edu (Usenet News System)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 1994 19:30:29 GMT

So, what's going to be in the 1.0 kernel?  I'm wondering if my
favorate patches will be included.  They are the CLUSTER SCSI I/O
performance patches, and the acct/quota patches.  The first doubles my
disk performance, and the second makes me feel better about letting
random internet users use my guest accounts.
--
Doug DeJulio
d...@cmu.edu

>So, what's going to be in the 1.0 kernel?  I'm wondering if my
>favorate patches will be included.  They are the CLUSTER SCSI I/O
>performance patches, and the acct/quota patches.  The first doubles my
>disk performance, and the second makes me feel better about letting
>random internet users use my guest accounts.

Those will not be in it.  Only features currently in the distributed kernel
will be in 1.0

Rob
| Rob Janssen                | AMPRnet:   r...@pe1chl.ampr.org           |
| e-mail: pe1...@rabo.nl     | AX.25 BBS: PE1CHL@PI8UTR.#UTR.NLD.EU     |