Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
From: K Kubat < karel@obelix.icce.rug.nl>
Subject: Join the Linux Symposium [Amsterdam, Dec.94]
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 02:46:19 GMT

Do you like your Linux box? Have you been involved in developing software for
Linux? Or would you like to hear about how the Linux operating system came to
be and how it's maintained and improved? How about a chance to meet and talk
to the people who made Linux possible?

If you answer "yes" to one or more of these questions, then

		************************************
		THE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON LINUX
			december 8 and 9 1994
			 RAI Congress Centre
		     Amsterdam, the Netherlands
		************************************

is an absolute MUST for you!

This is both a call for papers and an invitation to visit the symposium.  The
entrance fee will be rather modest, about $50.- (if you're a student) and
$75.- (otherwise), so we hope we will flood the RAI building with mad
Linuxers!

We will have at least two lecture-rooms available (about 100 seats each) and
are aming at two filled-up days giving each contributor approx. 25 minutes
time.

The possible subjects for the papers have not yet been decided upon, but here
are some suggestions:

	-The Linux and Gnu Philosophy
	-The Linux Kernel, including items as
		-Hacking the Linux Kernel
		-File Systems
		-Modules
		-Other supporting software
	-Communications, with items like
		-Modems,
		-Networking
		-NFS
		-PPP
		-Ham Packet Radio
	-X
	-Nice applications you designed for Linux
	-Linux and other (?) operating systems: OS/2, DOS, ...
	-Switching to Linux

If you consider submitting a Paper or a Poster session, we should have
received by May, 16, 1994 a short (1 page) summary, stating your intentions,
and telling us what you want to present.  Then, by june 1 we will have made a
final selection and will announce the preliminary symposium program, and we'll
inform the authors of the selection.

The Linux Symposium is organized by the ICCE, University of Groningen. We are
Frank B. Brokken, Karel Kubat and Piet W. Plomp. We can be reached via e-mail
at linux@icce.rug.nl; latest information is available through finger
linux@obelix.icce.rug.nl.
--
linux@icce.rug.nl

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@tc.cornell.edu
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.

Do you like your Linux box? Have you been involved in developing software for
Linux, and would you like to share your experiences? Or would you like to hear
about how the Linux operating system came to be and how it's maintained and
improved? How about a chance to meet and talk to the people who made Linux
possible?

If you answer "yes" to one or more of these questions, then

		************************************
		THE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON LINUX
			december 8 and 9 1994
			 RAI Congress Centre
		     Amsterdam, the Netherlands
		************************************

is an absolute MUST for you!

This is both a call for papers and an invitation to visit the symposium. The
entrance fee will be rather modest, about $50.- (if you're a student) and
$75.- (otherwise), so we hope we will flood the RAI building with mad
Linuxers! Furthermore, as we are a non-profit organization, we're not trying
to get rich. We will lower the entrance fees when enough people participate!
The more the merrier!

[...]

[This is a periodic posting which re-announces the Linux symposium in December
1994, Amsterdam, Netherlands. Ignore this posting if you already know of the
symposium or if you have already mailed us that you're interested.]

Do you like your Linux box? Have you been involved in developing software for
Linux, and would you like to share your experiences? Or would you like to hear
about how the Linux operating system came to be and how it's maintained and
improved? How about a chance to meet and talk to the people who made Linux
possible?

If you answer "yes" to one or more of these questions, then

		************************************
		THE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON LINUX
			december 8 and 9 1994
			 RAI Congress Centre
		     Amsterdam, the Netherlands
		************************************

is an absolute MUST for you!

This is an invitation to visit the symposium. The entrance fee will be rather
modest, about $50.- (if you're a student) and $75.- (otherwise), so we hope we
will flood the RAI building with mad Linuxers! Furthermore, as we are a
non-profit organization, we're not trying to get rich. We will lower the
entrance fees when enough people participate!  The more the merrier!

If you want more information, ftp to "beatrix.icce.rug.nl" as user
"anonymous". Change-dir to the directory "pub/symposium" and have a look at
the files there. There are lists of interestested persons (visitors), of
speakers, and of cheap hotels in Amsterdam.

linux@obelix.icce.rug.nl or via the above mentioned ftp address.

--
email: K.Kubat@icce.rug.nl             "Premature optimization is the root
phone: (+31) 50 63 36 47                of all evil.." (Knuth)

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@tc.cornell.edu
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.

[This is a periodic posting which re-announces the Linux symposium in December
1994, Amsterdam, Netherlands. Ignore this posting if you already know of the
symposium or if you have already mailed us that you're interested.]

Do you like your Linux box? Have you been involved in developing software for
Linux, and would you like to share your experiences? Do you have educational,
commercial or other interests in a stable Unix system for the price of $0.00?
[...]

If you want more information, ftp to "beatrix.icce.rug.nl" or
"ftp.icce.rug.nl" as user "anonymous". Change-dir to the directory
"pub/symposium" and have a look at the files there. There are lists of
interestested persons (visitors), of speakers, and of cheap hotels in
Amsterdam. This directory furthermore holds a 300dpi PostScript copy of the
abstracts which we've received so far.

The Linux Symposium is organized by the ICCE, University of Groningen. We are
Frank B. Brokken, Karel Kubat and Piet W. Plomp. We can be reached via e-mail
at linux@icce.rug.nl; latest information is available through finger
linux@obelix.icce.rug.nl or via the above mentioned ftp address. Also
check out the information on our WWW server www@icce.rug.nl.

For the Symposium Organizing Committee,
--
Karel Kubat (karel@bambix.icce.rug.nl).
"My friend Tom, the Zen freak, is always trying to become two with

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@tc.cornell.edu
[...]

modest, $50.- (if you're a student) and $75.- (otherwise), so we hope we will
flood the RAI building with mad Linuxers! Furthermore, as we are a non-profit
organization, we're not trying to get rich. We will LOWER the entrance fees
when enough people participate!  The more the merrier!

If you want to come to the Symposium, REGISTER NOW! You can register by
sending an e-mail to linux@obelix.icce.rug.nl, stating that you want to join
the Symposium. You will thereupon receive additional information, together
with instructions on transferring the money. If you are not from the
Netherlands, we urge you not to wait for our mail but to tranfer money right
away. The reason for this is that international money transfers can be very
slow.

You do NOT RUN ANY RISK by registering right away and sending us the entrance
fee:
    - if no more people register, then the symposium will go ahead as planned,
    - if plenty people register, then the symposium will go ahead as planned
      AND you will get money back (yes, we'll lower the entrance fees once we
      break even),
    - if you register now and decide later that you won't come anyway, you
      will get ALL your money back!

If you're a STUDENT, the symposium fees are	    $ 50,--
If you're NOT a student, the symposium fees are	    $ 75,--

You can make your money available to:
    ABN - AMRO Bank Groningen, account 42.19.98.172,
    PPSW/PAO/O
    mention: Linux congress, center 1641191
    If you prefer to send the money via Postal Giro, the number of the bank is
    80 39 35.

If you want more information, ftp to "ftp.icce.rug.nl" or
"beatrix.icce.rug.nl" as user "anonymous". Change-dir to the directory
"pub/symposium" and have a look at the files there. There are lists of
interestested persons (visitors), of speakers, and of cheap hotels in
Amsterdam. This directory furthermore holds a 300dpi PostScript copy of the
abstracts which we've received so far.

The Linux Symposium is organized by the ICCE, University of Groningen. We are
Frank B. Brokken, Karel Kubat and Piet W. Plomp. We can be reached via e-mail
at linux@icce.rug.nl; latest information is available through finger
linux@obelix.icce.rug.nl or via the above mentioned ftp address. Also
check out the information on our WWW server www@icce.rug.nl, under the
"hotlist" or "special events" section.