Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
From: Patrick D'Cruze <pdcr...@orac.iinet.com.au>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: A project to compile a Linux Software Development Kit
Sender: m...@cs.cornell.edu (Matt Welsh)
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 1994 16:01:14 GMT

Over the past few months Linux International has been actively talking and
lobbying software developers into porting their software to Linux and to write
new native software for Linux.  Many developers have been enthusiastic about
Linux.  However, in our dealings with the software developers the question
always arises: so from where do we obtain a Linux Software Development Kit?

It is absolutely essential for Linux to have a SDK.  Developers need this as a
reference guide to aid them in their efforts in writing and porting software
to Linux.

Linux International is very much interested in putting together a Linux SDK
and distributing it to potential software developers.  We consider this a high
priority project - the sooner the SDK is completed, the sooner developers will
have a solid reference to aid them in their efforts and the sooner that
software will be released.

The purpose of this announcement is to announce the opening of a mailing list
which will be dedicated to coordinating the development of a Linux SDK.
Everyone and anyone is free to join this mailing list.  The objectives of the
mailing list are to:

- firstly refine what will be included in the Linux SDK
- and secondly to begin coordinating the task of compiling the SDK

As stated before, everyone with an interest in this is welcome to join the
list (details on how to join are appended at the end of this document).  In
particular, we would especially like to hear from:

- interested software developers.   Here is your chance to tell us what you
  would like included in the SDK.  What would benefit you most?
- volunteers who would be interested in assisting in preparing all of the
  necessary software packages, documentation, include files, etc that will
  make up the SDK

As stated before, Linux International considers this a high priority project
and we are eager to complete this SDK as quickly as possible.  With your help
and participation we can complete this SDK and get it distributed to software
developers.

Hoping to see quite a few volunteers and participants on the mailing list.

Patrick D'Cruze					pdcr...@orac.iinet.com.au
Linux International

Details on joining the mailing list.

To subscribe to the mailing list, send an email message to:
	majord...@iinet.com.au
with the words:
	subscribe linux-sdk your.email.address
in the body of the message

Further details will be sent out to you.

--
Mail submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-annou...@tc.cornell.edu
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.