Newsgroups: gnu.misc.discuss
From: p...@dcs.ed.ac.uk (Paul Crowley)
Subject: Novell's Linux-based OS
Sender: cn...@dcs.ed.ac.uk (UseNet News Admin)
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 09:28:00 GMT

Can anyone confirm that Novell does *not* plan to release their
Linux-based operating system under the GPL?  Because the rumour I heard
said they did.

And if they do, I doubt they'll have any problems making a profit on it.
If I were a business and Novell said they'd sell me Linux, with support
and printed documentation, for $200, I'd buy it immediately.
\/ o\  Paul.Crow...@ed.ac.uk  \\ // 42A47697 54144EA4 BACFA9FD C9433347
/\__/ Entomography consultant. \X/  WWW: http://tardis.ed.ac.uk/%7Epdc/