Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.help
From: ger...@vtm.be (The Administrator)
Subject: ELF executable
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 1994 09:11:48 GMT

Hi,

I've installed the slackware distribution 1.2.0 which contains the Linux
kernel version 1.0.

I want to run a couple of ELF executables of which I don't have any sources
available (a commercial product).

Now I've recompiled the kernel with the binary format ELF setting tuned to yes
using the configuration script. So I suppose concerning the kernel everything
is okay...

When I try to run a ELF executable I got an error message like : program not
found or something similar.

If I installed some shared libraries from the elfabi package (from the SLS
distribution) I still couldn't get the ELF executable to run. Now it gives me
a Segmentation violation.

What did I do wrong ?

I searched through documentation on the cd-rom package (from info-magic) but
couldn't find any real documentation on HOW TO ELF ON LINUX ?

Please reply using e-mail because I'm currently at home and it's difficult to
go through all news articles. If I get any replies which give me a working
solution I will post a summary to the net...

Gerrit

---
Gerrit Cap
Vlaamse Televisie Maatschappij N.V.		e-mail :   ger...@vtm.be
Medialaan 1					fax    : +32 2 253.12.21
B-1800 Vilvoorde Belgium			voice  : +32 2 255.38.72