From: cummi...@stingray.net (cummings)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Word Perfect
Date: 26 Jun 1994 18:53:04 -0500

I am curious, in order to run this program Word Perfect under the emulation,
are any libs from the sun needed?  And if so, what are they?

Thanks.

--
Internet: cummi...@stingray.net

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
From: m...@taylor.infi.net (Mark A. Davis)
Subject: Re: Word Perfect
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 12:34:50 GMT

cummi...@stingray.net (cummings) writes:

>I am curious, in order to run this program Word Perfect under the emulation,
>are any libs from the sun needed?

Sun?  No, you would be using the SCO version.  SCO is IBCS/COFF compliant.
Since WordPerfect linked their binaries static, Motif, X, and other
libraries are compiled into it.  This is good news for compatibility across
platforms, but bad news for memory usage.  I am hoping that with the 6.0
release, they will have the option of a few dynamic (shared lib) binaries
(of course, this will not work in Linux, since Linux does not have the
same shared libraries as SCO).
  | Mark A. Davis    | Lake Taylor Hospital | Norfolk, VA (804)-461-5001x431 |
  | Sys.Administrator|  Computer Services   | m...@taylor.infi.net           |