From: Phil Hughes < fyl@ssc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
Subject: Linux Conference at Open Systems World
Date: 30 Jul 1994 02:05:16 +0300

For the past six years there has been a Unix conference in Washington DC.
Originally called FedUNIX, it is now called Open Systems World and
offers expanded scope including an SCO Developer's Conference and a
Solaris Developer's Conference.

The big new event (for this group, at least) is that this year it will
include a Linux Conference which is being organized by Linux Journal.
This will be a full day of tutorials and panels and could, if there is
sufficient interest, be expanded to include a second day.
We are just starting to put together the conference content and would
appreciate your ideas.  The basic format will be to have 4 or 5
tutorials of 1.5 hours in length and 4 or 5 panels of similar length.
We are interested in the sort of panels and tutorials that you would
find intersting.  Also feel free to suggest participants or volunteer
yourself.

Being the week before the Amsterdam conference we hope to make this
an opportunity for those who can't make Amsterdam to participate as
well as a way to encourage others on their way to Amsterdam.  And,
being part of a "commercial" show we hope to gain lots of converts.

If you have suggestions please e-mail them to osw-linux@ssc.com.

The conference is on November 28 through December 2 in Washington, DC.
If you are just interested in attending, the information packets will
be sent out around the end of August.  Send along your mailing address
and we can make sure you get on the mailing list.  We also will have a
list server operating soon and ftp site so you can electronically
request more information.

--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    E-mail: fyl@ssc.com  Phone: (206)527-3385  Fax: (206)527-2806

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@tc.cornell.edu