From: br...@meaddata.com (Bradley Keely)
Newsgroups: comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine
Subject: Linux Emulator
Date: 1 Aug 1994 19:30:18 GMT

	Anyone got a linux emulator for windows?

---
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
((((  Bradley T. Keely    ((()
((((  br...@meaddata.com  ((()  Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
((((  Dayton, Ohiya       ((()
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()

From: br...@meaddata.com (Bradley Keely)
Newsgroups: comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine
Subject: Re: Linux Emulator (LINE)
Date: 5 Aug 1994 17:37:32 GMT

In article 9...@meaddata.meaddata.com, br...@meaddata.com (Bradley Keely) writes:

>	Anyone got a linux emulator for windows?

	Well, actually, I was only joking around.  However, it does seem
	possible.  If anyone does develop this, call it LINE!

	I am totally impressed with linux.  I had linux and X running within
	hours of getting it.

	One thing that bothers me though...No MOTIF!   It seems we have to
	pay for this!  Doesn't this go against everything Linux stands for?

	It seems as if some kind company that has written the MOTIF libraries
	from X11, should provide a free version for us Linux users.

---
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()   BEWARE:  Brad tends to ramble, grab
((((  Bradley T. Keely    ((()   figures out of the air, and argue too
((((  br...@meaddata.com  ((()   much.  Don't read his postings, he's
((((  Dayton, Ohiya       ((()   full of hot air.  Use your kill button
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()   now!

->	Anyone got a linux emulator for windows?
->
-
-	Well, actually, I was only joking around.  However, it does seem
-	possible.  If anyone does develop this, call it LINE!
-
-	I am totally impressed with linux.  I had linux and X running within
-	hours of getting it.

Glad to hear it. Maybe now the thread can die.

-
-	One thing that bothers me though...No MOTIF!   It seems we have to
-	pay for this!  Doesn't this go against everything Linux stands for?

It has nothing to do with Linux. Motif is a licenesed product whose license
is sold on a per copy basis. Even if a company gives Motif away they have
to still pay the license fee.

-
-	It seems as if some kind company that has written the MOTIF libraries
-	from X11, should provide a free version for us Linux users.

And quickly go out of business.

The solution is to translate Motif to something free.

Later,

BAJ
--
Another random extraction from the mental bit stream of...
Byron A. Jeff - PhD student operating in parallel - And Using Linux!

>->	Anyone got a linux emulator for windows?
>->
>-
>-	Well, actually, I was only joking around.  However, it does seem
>-	possible.  If anyone does develop this, call it LINE!
>-
>-	I am totally impressed with linux.  I had linux and X running within
>-	hours of getting it.
>
>Glad to hear it. Maybe now the thread can die.

	I officially kill the thread...

>-
>-	One thing that bothers me though...No MOTIF!   It seems we have to
>-	pay for this!  Doesn't this go against everything Linux stands for?
>
>It has nothing to do with Linux. Motif is a licenesed product whose license
>is sold on a per copy basis. Even if a company gives Motif away they have
>to still pay the license fee.
>
>-
>-	It seems as if some kind company that has written the MOTIF libraries
>-	from X11, should provide a free version for us Linux users.
>
>And quickly go out of business.
>
>The solution is to translate Motif to something free.

	That is possible...

	Linux has plenty of software that others charge money for...Are
	they out of business?

	Didn't Sun develop XView?  Linux (my package) provides it and Sun
	most certainly is not "out of business."