Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce,aus.computers,aus.computers.linux
From: andrew@bing.apana.org.au (Andrew J. Cosgriff)
Subject: Australian Linux Users Group List [semi-regular posting]
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 1994 03:04:56 GMT

It's time again.
Sorry for the somewhat sporadic nature of these posts, I'll try and force
myself to post them regularly, honest !

Enjoy,
 Andrew.
--cut--

            The Canonical List of Australian Linux User Groups

                          1993-4 Andrew J. Cosgriff

$Revision: 1.0.0.11 $

$Source: /home/andrew/src/lists/RCS/AustLUGs.txt,v $

$Date: 1994/07/26 21:17:29 $

$Author: andrew $

If you have any additions and/or comments on this list, please mail me at
the following address :

                         andrew@bing.apana.org.au

The list is by no means complete, so *please* get in touch with me if you
can correct any of the info.

You can get the list from one of two places :
    i) off of the USENET newsgroups aus.computers.linux and
       comp.os.linux.announce
    ii) by sending mail to linux-ug@bing.apana.org.au
        (Make sure you have a valid "From:" header !)

Format of each entry is as follows :

< name>

Started : < date group started>

Meeting Time : < time and date that the group meets>

Meeting Place : < where to go>

Organiser / President / Secretary, etc : < as per usual>

Contact address : < who to ask for more information about the club>

CLUG - the Canberra Linux Users Group

Started :

Meeting Time : 7:00pm on the fourth Thursday of each month.

Meeting Place : Leonard Huxley lecture theatre, Leonard Huxley building,
                Australian National University.

Organizer : Andrew Tridgell

Contact Address : (Andrew Tridgell) Andrew.Tridgell@anu.edu.au

Notes :

LUV - the Linux Users of Victoria

Started : first meeting was on the 6th of July 1993

Meeting Time : 7:00pm on the first Tuesday of each month.

Meeting Place : Theatre 2 (in the basement, SEECS building, 221 Bouverie St
                Carlton.  (A little bit west of the old place at CITRI).

President : Hamish Coleman

Vice President : Andrew Humphrey

Secretary : Andrew Cosgriff

Contact Address : (Andrew Cosgriff) andrew@bing.apana.org.au

Notes : Send mail to luv-info@starbug.apana.org.au

PLUG - Perth Linux User Group

Started : first meeting sometime in June 1993 (Can't remember the exact date)

Meeting Time : 6:30pm on the fourth Wednesday of each month (may change back
to 2nd).

Meeting Place : Edith Cowan University (Mt. Lawley Campus)
                Bradford St, Mt. Lawley
                Building 17 Room 203

Organiser : Darren Gilchrist

Secretary : Ditto (Although I'd like someone else to start helping out :-))

Contact Address : (Darren Gilchrist) darreng@falcon.DIALix.oz.au

Mailing List : (still waiting on info here)

Newsgroup : wa.plug

Notes :

(Brisbane, Queensland)

SCA User Group : The Griffith University Student Computing Association Group

Started : A long time ago - only recently have we offered support for Linux.

Meeting Time : The second Sunday of each month, 12:00pm until late.

Meeting Place : Technology building, Griffith Univeristy, Nathan.
                Room 0.20 (level 0).

Organiser : Griffith University Student Computing Association

Contact Address : sca@gucis.cit.gu.edu.au (Dave Connors)

Mailing List :  Setting up an SCA announcements list NOW! Keep an eye on
                aus.computers.* for details.

Notes : The Linux support is only a recent addition to the group, so we'll need
        some good user involvement to build the group up to a good base. Free
        parking, free entry and a comfortable air conditioned environment make
        the facilities ideal.

        Hope to see you there!

SALUG - South Australian Linux Users Group

Started : first meeting was on the 29th of November 1993

Meeting Time : 7:00pm every second Monday.

Meeting Place : currently Flinders Uni Clubs and Socs Workroom

President-ish : Steven Clark

Secretary-ish : Geoffrey Bennett

Contact Address : geoffrey@tafe.sa.edu.au

WWW : http://www.jrc.flinders.edu.au/LINUX/SALUG/index.html

Notes : Send mail to Salug-request@tafe.sa.edu.au

SLUG - the Sydney Linux Users Group

Started : 25th of June 1993 (first meeting)

Meeting Time : 6:30pm, last Friday of every month.

Meeting Place : UTS, Building 2, Room 639.

President : Jamie Honan < jhonan@jolt.mpx.com.au>

Contact Address : slug-owner@lsupoz.apana.org.au

Notes :

         - Andrew J. Cosgriff -              http://yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au/~cos
andrew@bing.apana.org.au  ajcos1@aurora.cc.monash.edu.au   andrew@unico.com.au
        "Kirk to Enterprise -- beam down yeoman Rand and a six-pack."

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@tc.cornell.edu
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.