Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.admin
From: g...@n8pph52.nt.com (Greg W. Zoller)
Subject:  Help... Boss wants SCO
Sender: gwz@n8pph52 (Greg W. Zoller)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 17:54:23 GMT

I'm having a problem with Linux doing a filesystem check every
time it boots.  I always use shutdown/halt/etc. to be sure to
properly stop the system, but Linux still does the check.  I've
even tried using the 'fast' mode which is supposed to override
the check.

I've got Linux V1.0 running on a Gateway P5-60 (PCI) and a 386DX
(both have the same problem).  The first time I boot after a fresh
installation, no problem.  Every time after that I get the stupid
file check.

I'm trying to propose Linux as an SCO alternative for our LAN
but my boss is against the idea.  He sees the filesystem check
as an example of why Linux is not stable enough to be a 'serious'
contender.  If I could show him the problem is my ignorance, not
Linux, it would help. :-)

BTW:  I did check the FAQ, but if I've missed articles about this
      problem, you may certainly forward the bozo award to me.

Thanx.  Greg