From: nhowl...@ksu.ksu.edu (Neal Patrick Howland)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.development
Subject: Does linux implement semaphores?
Date: 28 Sep 1994 16:16:40 -0500

I was wondering in the standard linux develpment packages implemented
a semaphore synchronization call.  If not, how do you synchronize two
processes to keep them from entering their critical sections at the same
time?

I haven't installed or used linux yet, but I am going to try soon and would
like to know what kind of system calls are available.  I have several
unix programs that use the semaphore method and I would like to just be
able to transfer them to linux and compile them.

Neal Howland
nhowl...@matt.ksu.ksu.edu