From: cip...@wpax01.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de (Frank Hofmann)
Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.i386unix
Subject: New Motif lib's for use with XFree 3.1 ?
Date: 7 Oct 1994 15:17:07 GMT

I knowe you'r not the correct one (are you ?), but my mailer tells me
'metrolink.com: Host unknown', so I think you might tell me (or forward
this to someone who can).
I've got Metrolink Motif 1.2.3 for Linux. It relies on the old shared libs,
so I cannot use X11R6 features in my Motif programs. I have to link them
with the old ones. So do you know if Metrolink is planning an upgrade ?

thanks, and best regards.

Frank

> I've got Metrolink Motif 1.2.3 for Linux. It relies on the old shared libs,
> so I cannot use X11R6 features in my Motif programs. I have to link them
> with the old ones. So do you know if Metrolink is planning an upgrade ?

I was in contact with t...@metrolink.com. They have no plan to recompile
Linux Motif 1.2.4 with X11R6 libraries. The tech guy advised me to use the
old X11R5 libraries.

As I have no plan to keep old libraries taking the disk-space, I removed
motif from the disk altogether. Would somebody give me $100 for this
package ?

Raj

Rajesh....@anu.edu.au

>> I've got Metrolink Motif 1.2.3 for Linux. It relies on the old shared libs,
>> so I cannot use X11R6 features in my Motif programs. I have to link them
>> with the old ones. So do you know if Metrolink is planning an upgrade ?
>>

>I was in contact with t...@metrolink.com. They have no plan to recompile
>Linux Motif 1.2.4 with X11R6 libraries. The tech guy advised me to use the
>old X11R5 libraries.
>
>As I have no plan to keep old libraries taking the disk-space, I removed
>motif from the disk altogether. Would somebody give me $100 for this
>package ?

Yeah.  That's just plain bad.  It would take them what, maybe a few days to
recompile it and make sure everything works right?  I know _I'd_ never buy
something from a company with a response like this.

I mean, they could have at least *lied* to you and said "Yeah, soon..". :)
--
Email: jrobe...@uiuc.edu
Ph or finger jrobe...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu for PGP public key.