Newsgroups: git.general,git.cc.general,atl.general,comp.os.linux.announce
From: vernard@cc.gatech.edu (Vernard C. Martin)
Subject: LOCAL: Meeting for Linux Enthusiasts in Atlanta
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 13:48:06 GMT

You are all cordially invited to come and join the first meeting of the
unofficial Georgia Tech Linux Enthusiast Organization on Wednesday October
12th at 5pm at the Georgia Tech College of Computing in Room 201. All
students, faculty, staff, and others are welcome to attend.

The meeting will last from 5pm to 7pm with a guru session afterwards that
will start at 7:10pm and last until 8pm.

Several topics will be covered. Hopefully, handouts will be available as
well so that interesting information can be taken home in hard-copy.

Things of interest that are sure to be mentioned are:
What is Linux?
How to install Linux (slackware 2.0 distribution)
What the "term" package is on how to use it.
How to make machines with network connections secure.
How to use Linux with other operating systems.

Hope to see you there.

Vernard Martin
--
Vernard Martin (vernard@cc.gatech.edu)  Ga Tech College of Computing
Student at Large, High Performance Parallel Computation and Experimentation Lab

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@tc.cornell.edu
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.