From: un025...@wvnvms.wvnet.edu (Samuel Zehel - West Virginia University)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.development
Subject: Simple questions about Linux design/development.
Date: 21 Oct 94 23:37:25 EDT

This may be a simple question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.
If you feel the response is not worth posting (i.e. flames) , please e-mail me
at UN025...@WVNVAXA.WVNET.EDU

1.  Who would I talk to if I wished to make changes to the IPC system of Linux?

2.  Where in the world is ANY 'main' routine that linux uses to run it's
operating system.

3.  How is linux organized, or where can I look to find an overview of the
Linux sub-system design.

Note: the Linux Kernel Hacker's guide seems to be somewhat vague about system
design.

Thank you in advance.
-Sam

> 1. Who would I talk to if I wished to make changes to the IPC system of Linux?

Me.

> 2. Where in the world is ANY 'main' routine that linux uses to run it's
>    operating system.

/usr/src/linux/kernel/main.c

> 3. How is linux organized, or where can I look to find an overview of the
>    Linux sub-system design.

Get a book about Linux kernel internals.

                    Bruno Haible
                    hai...@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de