From: dnewc...@whale.st.usm.edu (Donald R. Newcomb)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.admin
Subject: Lotus 123 for SYSV & Linux?
Date: 14 Nov 1994 10:26:32 -0600

I know that the mention of Lotus and anything having a GNU copyleft in the
same sentence is a form of GNUish heresy, but here goes anyway.

Assume I can pick up a new, never-unwrapped, copy of Lotus 123 V1.1 for
SYSV (e.g. SCO Unix) for the price of a cup of coffee. According to Lotus
this is the current version for Unix platforms. My questions are:

1. Will it run under Linux as other SYSV programs do? (I understand I
need a special interface library.)

2. Is it worth the cup of coffee plus the disk space required to store it?
In other words, is it such a dog that I would be better off just rebooting
to DOS & Windoze and running the MS-Works spreadsheet or using the free
spreadsheets that come with Slackware?

Thanks.
--
Donald R. Newcomb              * University of Southern Mississippi
dnewc...@whale.st.usm.edu      * "The God who gave us life gave us liberty