From: Linux Intl < li@li.org>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
Subject: Open Systems World / FedUNIX Show announcement
Date: 16 Nov 1994 09:11:02 +0200

Linux International is pleased to announce, in line with its stated
goals of promoting Linux, that we will be attending the Open Systems
World / FedUNIX show at the end of November.  The show, which is held in
Washington DC, provides Linux International with an opportunity to
show-case Linux to software developers, managers, and government and
commercial analysts.

The Open Systems World / FedUNIX show is the only exposition in the
Washington DC area dedicated to Unix and open systems.  The exposition
is both a trade show and a conference.

                         The Trade Show

51,800 square feet of exhibits & demonstrations!  Over 125 vendors
attending.

Open Systems World/FedUNIX offers the only exposition in the Washington
area dedicated to UNIX and open systems. The vendors make an extra
effort to staff their booths with people who can answer technical
questions -- because they recognize the unique competence of the FedUNIX
and Open Systems World Conference Audience.  There is simply no better
or faster way to get to know the key UNIX and open systems vendors and
their products.

. . . and it's all FREE!

                           Conferences

A total of nine conferences will be held during the week and these
include the Federal Open Systems Conference: Building the Electronic
Government, Motif/COSE International Users Conference, Novell AppWare
Developers Conference, SCO Interoperability Conference, Solaris
Developers Conference, Windows NT Developers Conference, Linux
International Users and Developers Conference, World Wide Web/Mosaic
Conference.  As well there are 20 full day tutorials in Motif, UNIX,
SysAdmin, Networking, Internet, Linux, and Client/Server technologies.

The Linux Journal are proudly hosting the "Linux International Users
Conference" and have arranged an impressive arrange of speakers for
their conference.

The event starts on Monday the 28th November and finishes on Friday the
2nd December.  The "Linux International Users Conference" will be on the
Thursday and Friday, Decmber 1-2.

The Linux International booth in the main exhibition hall will provide
Linux International with the opportunity of informing attendees on the
benefits that Linux has to offer and provide information on Linux and
commercial products that are available for it.  With over 10,000
attendees expected at the event, we are confident that this is a good
opportunity of increasing Linux's exposure.

Linux International would like to welcome Linux users to the event.
Come up and see us at the stand.  Get to know us.  Have a look at all
the other booths and exhibitions.

Opportunities also exist for people who would like to help man our
booth.  We unfortunately have a few vacancies where the stand will be
under-staffed.  We have worked hard to arrange our booth at the event
and it would be a shame if we were sometimes unable to attend to
everyone visiting the booth.  Anyone attending the event (or even
thinking of attending) are most welcome to sit in the booth and help
out.  If anyone is interested in doing this, please contact Linux
International asap (pdcruze@li.org).

There are a number of companies that will be promoting Linux at the
event including the Linux Journal and ACC Bookstores.  Together we
intend to put on a good show for Linux.  We encourage anyone in the area
to drop by.

For more information on the event, point your WWW browser to:
	http://www.mcsp.com/OSW-FedUNIX.html

Patrick D'Cruze
Linux International
pdcruze@li.org