From: cstrozzi@VNET.IBM.COM (Carlo Strozzi)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
Subject: LOCAL: LUG-IT (Italian Linux users' group)
Date: 18 Nov 1994 17:25:57 +0200
Sender: wirzeniu@cc.Helsinki.FI

Hello Inter-netters,

I'm not used to cross-posting but this time I did, in the
hope of hitting the widest audience as possible.

I joined the Linux world some six months ago, after having
been through several other operating systems, both for
mainframes and for PCs.

I was so positively impressed by Linux that I gradually
chucked everithing else away and now I use just it both at
work and at home.

As I am basically a newbie to Linux, I haven't so far given
any major contribution to it and I think it will still take
a while before I get to know it well enough.

I am assessing the feasibility of putting together a Linux
User's Group here in Italy ( "LUG-IT" maybe ? ) and I would
like to collect the opinion of anybody on the net that is
feeling the need for something like this and that would like
to talk a bit more about it (or is maybe already trying to
do something similar).

This poll is aiming at an italian audience of course, but
I have posted it in english anyway because I think it is
more "politically correct", being these newsgroups english-
spoken.

I'll look forward to receiving netter's opinions on the
above. Thank you to all the people who made Linux possible.

Carlo Strozzi

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@tc.cornell.edu