Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 05:21:41 +0200
From: mitn...@erez.cc.biu.ac.il (Roman Mitnitski)
Subject: Any chance to see BSD networking on Linux?
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc

   Hi. I guess it was duscussed many times, but...
 There's lot of talking that Linux networking software is far from
being reliable, robust, etc etc. On the other hand, we have FreeBSD's
networking, which is told to be very stable and even fast.
 I think I can understand why separate development of networking software
was started - due to infamous USL - BSD lawsuit(?)
 Now, I think competition is great, why don't give BSD networking software
a chance in Linux? If net-2 (linux) will be better, it will survive...
now, when USL  lawsuit is over....

Flame me if I wrong!
Roman
--
Today's fortune:
"Everyone is entitled to an *informed* opinion." -- Harlan Ellison