Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
From: iia...@iifeak.swan.ac.uk (Alan Cox)
Subject: Re: What's next for Linux?
Sender: n...@info.swan.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 17:42:29 GMT

In article < 3g6t13$...@usenet.srv.cis.pitt.edu> d...@pitt.edu (Doug  Dejulio)
writes:
>What about some experimental networking features?  It would be nice to
>be able to start experimenting with IPv6 soon.

Network modularising is also on the 1.3 list (its a very big list!) but
needs a bit of work. Since 1.3 is likely to end up with IPv4, DDP, AX.25
and IPX this will be useful. Please hack IPv6 BTW - someone needs to start
doing that soon.

>Maybe getting NetBEUI up to the level IPX is at now would be useful --
>but then again, since Windows95 is allegedly going to be able to do
>everything over TCP/IP, maybe not.

Well all you have to do is implement 802.2 LLC. I read the official docs
for it and filed it in the 'I'd use DOS first' drawer.

Alan
--
 // Alan Cox  //  iia...@www.linux.org.uk   //  GW4PTS@GB7SWN.#45.GBR.EU  //