From: ichu...@wiltel.com (Igor Chudov)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.os.386bsd.misc,comp.unix.bsd
Subject: Linux vs. BSD?!
Date: 6 Feb 1995 22:45:07 GMT

Dear Friends,

Sorry if it is not for this newsgroup, but I did not find anything in the
FAQs or news. Please let me know if this post is not appropriate for this
newsgroup.

You know, it is too hard to live without Unix at home, so now I am trying
to make a major choice for my home PC based system. Do you have any
arguments about Linux vs. 386BSD?

Which one is easier to manage/port software to. Which one needs more memory?
Do you have an experience working with both?

I worked on ***xes quite a while, but all my sysadmin experience includes
three months of SCO Unix on my previous PC, and it was quite interesting
(especially when I removed /dev/null and tried to figure out what was wrong;)

Thank you.
--
IMHO,

	- Igor Chudov (igor_chu...@wiltel.com).