From: Linux Intl < li@orac.aust.li.org>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
Subject: Linux International's Linux Promotion Project (LPP)
Date: 19 Feb 1995 19:39:52 +0200
Sender: wirzeniu@cc.helsinki.fi

Linux International has the goal of promoting Linux everywhere. We need
volunteers to help us draw together existing, basic Linux documentation
and build on it. We've dubbed this the Linux Promotion Project (LPP). We
will need this material for our own tradeshow booths and other
promotional activities in 1995, but it should be equally useful for
Linux user groups, handing out to journalists and students... for anyone
who likes to enthuse about Linux. It seems there are a lot of those!

The documents will explain, using words, pictures, charts, sound, movies,
and anything else we can think of:

        - What Linux is
        - Why people would want to use it
        - The concept and benefits of free software
        - How Linux compares to other operating systems
        - How incredibly popular Linux is
        - What Linux cannot do
        - What the future of Linux is
        - Price list :-)

They will be available in a wide variety of formats (postscrip, text, html,
tex, etc) and will, of course, be freely available under the GNU Public
License. The intent will be to produce a set of promotional material that
is easy to read, informative, colorful and impressive. There will be humour
and seriousness, pretty pictures and solid facts. GPL advertising should
be better than Saatchi and Saatchi, shouldn't it?

This effort is complementry to the Linux Documentation Project,
http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/linux.html.  The LDP is not strictly
promotional, although some of its material will be used by the LPP. We
believe that making ready-made brochures, posters and leaflets available
in various languages will help the promotional effort world-wide.

What the LPP needs

         - Writers
         - Artists
         - Anyone with time an energy
         - Translators

If you'd like to contribute or just make an enquiry, please send email to:

        promo@li.org

Thank-you for your time.

Patrick D'Cruze
pdcruze@mail.li.org
Secretary, Linux International

Linux International is a not-for-profit organisation whose goal is to
promote Linux.  Further information on Linux International can be
obtained via

    email:  li-info@li.org
    www:    http://www.li.org/linux-int/
    snail:  Linux International