From: lecu...@paul.rutgers.edu (Maureen Lecuona)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.admin
Subject: iBCS 941209 doesn't seem to work with Unixware command files...
Date: 24 Feb 1995 11:25:17 -0500

Hi all:

I have installed the 941206 release of ibcs on linux 1.0.9 and I have
had compile errors (in emulate.c I changed *formats to formats[] in
the declaration) but I finally got an iBCS loadable module from the
Makefile.  Trace does not compile, unfortunately.

(The latest release fails because the slackware 1.0.9 kernel does not
have a version.h file being included by all the .c files in pre1.2-95
0217.tar.gz, so I can't use that one...)

Anyway, after rebuilding the kernel with the provided patches, and
anwering "no" to the ELF configuration question as suggested in the
README, I installed the new kernel and did an insmod iBCS.  lsmod
shows that it loaded 18 pages:

Module:        #pages:
iBCS              18
ftape             40

So I uncompressed a UNIXWARE version of cscope from the release cdrom
and tried running it.  But I get a file not found message no
matter what I do.  The file command says:

cscope ELF 32-bit LSB executable i386 (386 and up) Version 1

and an ls says:

ls -lai cscope
110297 -rwxr-xr-x   1 lecuona  users      142720 Feb 23 23:04 cscope

Of course, my PATH environment variable is correctly set, so there's
something going on I don't understand.

Could someone help me out please???

Thanks!
Maureen Lecuona
lecu...@paul.rutgers.edu
--
|| maureen  || For this world that men have made, none of us is bad enough.
||          || For the world that made us, none is good enough.    -Edward Abbey
|| lecuona  || Those who dream of the joys of living in a space colony should
||          || live in a space colony.                             -Edward Abbey

ML> So I uncompressed a UNIXWARE version of cscope from the
ML> release cdrom
ML> and tried running it.  But I get a file not found message no
ML> matter what I do.

At a quick guess the ELF loader can't find the shared libraries and/or the
dynamic linker.

                                Mike