From: i...@noc.monolit.com (Igor Korsakov)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.admin
Subject: UnixWare binaries on Linux ???
Date: 1 Mar 1995 18:56:08 GMT

Is it possible to run Unixware 1.1 binaries on Linux ???

--
Igor Korsakov, Ph.D , CNA
 VP & CTO of NTCS of CANADA

From: lecu...@paul.rutgers.edu (Maureen Lecuona)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.admin
Subject: Re: UnixWare binaries on Linux ???
Date: 2 Mar 1995 16:06:56 -0500

i...@noc.monolit.com (Igor Korsakov) writes:

>Is it possible to run Unixware 1.1 binaries on Linux ???

Well, er, the answer is yes, but not bug free.  I run cscope
on kernel 1.0.9 from Unixware 1.1 and I have found that as
long as I don't enter any cscope commands that
wind up putting me under vi to edit source, I am okay.

Otherwise, the process sort of goes haywire and you
lose the ability to get back to cscope once you
leave vi.

I am pretty sure there are probably other things that
other people can point out...

Maureen Lecuona
lecu...@paul.rutgers.edu

--
|| maureen  || For this world that men have made, none of us is bad enough.
||          || For the world that made us, none is good enough.    -Edward Abbey
|| lecuona  || Those who dream of the joys of living in a space colony should
||          || live in a space colony.                             -Edward Abbey

ML> I am pretty sure there are probably other things that
ML> other people can point out...

is just *dying* from lack of bug reports...

                                Mike