From: sen...@warp9.tnet.de (Igor Laera)
Subject: Applications
Date: 1995/05/13
organization: Contrib.Net TCP/IP GmbH
keywords: Works, Utils
newsgroups: comp.os.linux.development.system

Hi out there

linux has two great problems: (maybe three :)

1) the installation is very very complicated

2) after installation you can do nothing with it, because there is no
   useful software for it

( 3) it is not from micros*ft. many people likes, to buy sh*tty software
    from a wellknown, marktetholding company )

My question is:

Is somebody programming a magic "Installation Program" that install Linux
without knowledge of using compilers, devices and HOWTO´s ?

And is anybody working on, let me say "useful", software ? (okok, there are
many who are calling fortune a useful program :-> ).
With "useful" i mean things like Works, DBase or Corel Draw.

I know, that it is a great work to do a thing like "Billy´s" Winword, but so
much drivers and kernel patches every day (hour ? :) )... maybe there are
some people who wan`t writing such application, but can´t do it alone.

I would see some (hopfully positive and constructive) replys to this mail.

thanx

Igor

# sen...@mail.tnet.de	- Munich-Germany, Next landing place of E.T.´s