From: sda...@netcom.com (\Steven C. Dabbs)
Subject: Reliable Linux? Which version?
Date: 1995/05/21
sender: sda...@netcom21.netcom.com
organization: NETCOM On-line Communication Services (408 261-4700 guest)
newsgroups: comp.os.linux.networking

Ever since .95 there seems to be a great deal of unstability in linux.

What version is A>stable as far as memory and TCP/IP sockets(working)
since 1.2.0?

Which ones are definitely baD?

Why are linux connects (tcp) so slow compared to other os's, like instead
of .1 second, they are 1 second or so for any tcp connection?