From: and...@lulea.trab.se (Anders Eriksson)
Subject: Why should I want ELF?
Date: 1995/06/26
organization: Telia Research AB
newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me why I should want elf on my system?

As I understand it, elf makes it easier to produce dynamic libs ->
some memory savings when I run lots of apps.

I also read somewhere that someday it would be a x86 common format.
What does that mean? Can I take any Solaris x86 binary and run it
under Linux? I don't think so...(Too good to be true)

Are there any other reasons for wanting elf?

/Anders
    / Anders Eriksson   and...@lulea.trab.se   Voice: +46 92075403     /___\
    | Snail mail: Telia Research AB, Aurorum 6, S-977 75 Lulea, Sweden |