From: stef...@laguna.schiele-ct.de (Steffen R. Mueller)
Subject: ibcs2 compile problem
Date: 1995/06/28
content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
organization: Steffen Mueller PRIVATE SYSTEM, Germany
mime-version: 1.0
newsgroups: comp.os.linux.development.system

Hi to all ibcs2 users

I'm using the ibcs2 emulator to run some of our database and LVS tools
oroginally written for INTERACTIVE UNIX. Works fine !
My problem came when I switched to kernel 1.3.x.

It's impossible to compile the stuff. It exits with

In file included from coff.c:40:
../include/ibcs/ibcs.h:32: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
coff.c: In function 	bcs_exec':
coff.c:163: warning: ' might be used uninitialized in this function
coff.c: In function 	bcs_read':
coff.c:247: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
coff.c:270: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
coff.c:276: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
coff.c:279: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
coff.c:285: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
coff.c:291: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
coff.c:294: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
coff.c:296: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
coff.c:296: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
coff.c:296: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
coff.c:301: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
coff.c:301: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
coff.c:302: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[1]: *** [coff.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory /home/steffen/ibcs/ibcs/iBCSemul'
make: *** [all] Error 2

This is ibcs-1.2-950413.tar.gz with the applied patch
ibcs-1.2-950413.patch1

Any idea ?

The same code worked perfectly for months !

Steffen R. Mueller      Tel    : +49-721-9812020
Graf-Rhena-Str. 13	e-mail : ste...@laguna.schiele-ct.de
76137 Karlsruhe         Fax    : +49-721-814057
Germany                 WWW    : http://www.schiele-ct.de/steffen.html