From: ma...@cs.hope.edu (Rob Malda)
Subject: Weird Problem while booting...
Date: 1995/10/06
organization: Hope College
newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc

I've got linux installed in a native partition /dev/hdb6.

I'm booting off a lilo floppy using a few different kernels.

When I boot I get a message warning me that my system is
read-only.  I get an attack of error message and can't
do anything when I finally get to a prompt.

So I follow the directions and boot with the read-only
flag in lilo, and I also try using the rw flag on
lilo's boot prompt.  Now I have the opposite error-
apparently linux can't mount this read-only partition
as a read-write partition.

Quite odd.

My solution has been to just tolerate the warning message
that the latter situation gives me.  It's irritating to
get the warning every time, but I can boot...

please reply and let me know where I have erred and what
I have overlooked.

Rob 'Commander Taco' Malda
ma...@cs.hope.edu