From: Mauricio Operti <mope...@home.iis.com.br>
Subject: IBCS FAQ/HOWTO ?? Where ???
Date: 1995/11/11
organization: Inside Information Systems
content-type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
mime-version: 1.0
newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc

   Hello All

   I apologize if this is the wrong place. I am looking for informations
on the IBCS kernel support, wich I could not find anywhere. Neither in
my Linux Bible 3rd edition nor in FAQ sites. My target is simply run SCO
binaries (well, maybe it's not that simple).

   Please just let me know where I can find reference about. Or at least
the right place to scream...

   Thanks,

   Mauricio

organization: StarNet Communications, Inc

Mauricio Operti <mope...@home.iis.com.br> writes:

>   Hello All

>   I apologize if this is the wrong place. I am looking for informations
>on the IBCS kernel support, wich I could not find anywhere. Neither in
>my Linux Bible 3rd edition nor in FAQ sites. My target is simply run SCO
>binaries (well, maybe it's not that simple).

>   Please just let me know where I can find reference about. Or at least
>the right place to scream...

>   Thanks,

>   Mauricio

Speaking of this, I too am trying to get iBCS installed and working.  But
I noticed that the documentation provided with the distribution is really
pretty poor.  Also, the couple of patches are not well organized (you have
to copy them to the correct directory); the distribution does not compile
with the kernel versions I've tried - and there doesn't seem to be any
documentation that explains what versions you should use; etc.

iBCS seems to be kinda important to a lot of people...(I would like to
run a credit card authoriziation program [SCO binary] with it)...so,
I would suggest that someone should put some time into better documenting
the whole thing...

(this is not a flame against the developers - its a very important piece of
software - but I think the documentation needs some catching up).

--
Mike Mills                             Home: (612) 293-1675
ConsulTech Information Systems, Inc.   Work: (800) 604-CTIS