From: b.jons...@vaxjo.mail.telia.com (Borje Jonsson)
Subject: How good is iBCS2?
Date: 1996/02/01
organization: Telia Internet Services
mime-version: 1.0
newsgroups: comp.os.linux.development.system

Hi,

What kind of binaries for SCO Unix (ODT 5) can i execute on my
Linux box under iBCS2 emulation?
Compilers like Microfocus Cobol?
SQL Retreiver?
DBMS as Ingres or Imformix?

Many thanks in advance
Borje Jonsson

From: Mike Jagdis <ja...@purplet.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/02/01
x-mail2news-path: purplet.demon.co.uk
x-nntp-posting-host: purplet.demon.co.uk
sender: "newsout1.26" <ufg...@purplet.demon.co.uk>
organization: FidoNet node 2:252/305 - The Purple Tentacle, Reading

* In message <4er76p$...@d1o3.telia.com>, Borje Jonsson said:

BJ> What kind of binaries for SCO Unix (ODT 5) can i execute on
BJ> my Linux box under iBCS2 emulation?
BJ> Compilers like Microfocus Cobol?
BJ> SQL Retreiver?
BJ> DBMS as Ingres or Imformix?

Put simply, yes. However you will need the latest (February) release to run
OpenServer 5 ELF binaries (and a 1.3.54 or later kernel). The SCO ELF
support is very new. However most SCO programs are still COFF (since SCO
didn't have ELF before OS5) which are fine.

                                Mike